Jazz on the Rocks combines the finest elements of outdoor living i.e sun, sea and all that jazz in a pristine setting off the Cape West Coast.
Established by Heart 104.9 Presenter, Clarence Ford, in 2004 Jazz on the Rocks was a hit from inception.
The success of the event is attributed to the following elements;
- The support of sponsors, Nedbank, Old Mutual, The Saldanha Bay Municipality, SA Tourism, Wesgro, The Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning, Son, Son op Sondag, Naspers, Heart 104.9, JTI and the Western Cape Government.
- Stage Location -The stage is built on the rocks in the sea, with the best vantage points from the water itself.
- Family Friendly - A strong emphasis is placed on this element. An integrated approach with the NSRI, Police and Disaster management has enabled an incident free event to date.
- Environmental Awareness - The event uses music as a medium to champion environmental concerns and challenges. In 2013 the Provincial Government's, "Too precious to Pollute" campaign constitutes the cornerstone of our Environmental objectives.
- Programming - Hugh Masekela, Joe McBride, Freshly Ground, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Jimmy Dludlu, Judith Sephuma have all appeared on this premium stage.
The Cape Columbine Nature Reserve plays host to the 4th Annual Jazz on the Rocks from the 27th February - 3rd March 2014.
Tietiesbaai, a 90 minute drive from Cape Town, is an unspoiled stretch of beach in the Reserve. The Reserve itself borders Paternoster, a quaint fishing village with various accommodation offerings for those who prefer comforts other than a camp fire.
The event itself is billed as family friendly enabling families to enjoy the pleasures and intimacy of the great outdoors.
This is indeed an unspoilt stretch of pristine South African Coastline and a rare opportunity for entire families to bond with nature and music.